Texturas Fizzy, Full of Wonder.
- They can be consumed in the usual way (directly or dissolved in water), though we also recommend a selection of uses:
- Bathe them whole in chocolate or caramel
- Or grind them into a powder and mix them with other ingredients, such as fruit or sorbets.
- Makes a great fizzy sugar that can add texture to desserts, orange biscuits that when coated in chocolate give a new twist on petit fours.
Recipe - Effervescent Lime Sugar
- 500g Caster Sugar
- 200g Water
- 100 g Fizzy
- Grated Peel of 2 limes
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan and heat to 130º C then remove from the heat and allow the mixture’s temperature to rise to 140º C by its natural heat-generating reaction
- Add Fizzy and the grated lime peel.Stir with a spatula to dissolve thoroughly. Extend the mixture quickly in a baking tray lined with Silicon baking sheet – the sugar will begin to rise as a result of the effervescence
- After a few seconds the sugar will crystallise and form a rock. Cut slices with a knife once the sugar has cooled
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs.
Sugar (54.5%), Acidity regulator: sodium bicarbonate (E-500) (20,46%), Acidity: Citric Acid (E330) (20,46%), glucose syrop (4,54%), lemon natural flavours (traces).
Allergens highlighted in BOLD.