Texturas Metil, Gain Gelling.
Metil is extracted from the cellulose of vegetables. Unlike other gelifiers, Metil gelifies when heat is applied but when cold it acts as a thickener.
- Texturas Metil has a great gelifying power and produces a range of results depending on the ingredients it is mixed with.
- Can create a light meringue style air, be used to create dumpling like sponges and a natural gel glue ideal for topping ingredients that gels when heated.
- Size: 300g.
Recipe - Tender Broad Bean Dumplings
- 100g of water
- 3g of Metil
- 65g Shelled Broad Beans
- 20g Metil Mixture (see recipe)
- Mix Water & Metilat room temperature in the blender to obtain a lump-free mixture.
- Strain and leave to sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Mix the Broad Beans with the Metil mixture.
- Make 8 balls of 8.5g each. Keep in the refrigerator.
- Put the spheres in salted water which has been kept hot at 90° C and leave to cook for 1 minute.
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs.
100 % Metilcellulose (E-461).
Allergens highlighted in BOLD.