Texturas Malto, Bulking Agent.
Malto is a carbohydrate obtained from cornstarch molecules, in this case those of tapioca, which have been broken down.
- It has low sweetening power and does not add calories.
- It is employed as a bulking agent, but can also absorb oils.
- Used in the preparation of beverages, dairy products, candies, soups, etc.
- Presentation in a very fine powder, readily soluble when cold or hot.
- Can be used as a replacement for sugar in savoury ice cream or sorbet.
Recipe - Bitter Almond Oil Crumb
- 12g Virgin Almond Oil
- 10g green almond oil of prune
- 40g Malto
- Mix the two oils and reserve
- Add the oil mixture slowly to the Malto, mixing constantly with a hand blender until individual crumbs begin to appear
- Heat the crumbs in a frying pan until they begin to take on a round shape and light crunchy coating. Serve in the required dish
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs.
Tapioca Maltodextrine (100%). It contains Sulpher dioxide (SO2).Allergens highlighted in BOLD.
This product may incur further carriage charges after checkout if purchased in multiples, please contact our customer support team for a full quotation on 01359 272577.