Texturas Gellan, Gelling Agent.
Gellan is a recently discovered gelling agent obtained from the sphingomonas elodea bacteria. It allows us to obtain a firm gel that slices cleanly and withstands temperatures of 70°C (hot gelatine).
- Typically used as a stabilizer and thickener.
- It is sold as a refined powder which when mixed with the required ingredient, heated to 85°C then allowed to cool allows you to make a rigid, firm gel which slices cleanly.
- The product has excellent stability, high gel strength, heat stable, sparkling clarity and outstanding flavor release.
- Can be used in any kind of preparation where you want to obtain a gelling texture such as bakery fillings, dessert gels, icings and frostings etc.
Recipe - Saffron TagliatelliIngredients:
- 250g unsalted consommé
- 10 saffron threads
- 4.8g Gellan
- Combine the three ingredients and bring to a boil
- Allow to gel in a flat tray and slice into 0.5cm strips to make tagliatelli
- Heat in water, resistant up to 90°C
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs.
Stabilizer: Goma Gellan (100%) (E-418).
Allergens highlighted in BOLD.