Egg White Powder.
This product gives 25% more lift and is 5 times more stable than fresh egg whites, therefore, making this an excellent alternative.
- To use, simply mix in cold, blend and whip.
- Perfect basis for making desserts, such as soufflé and foams.
- Size: 500g.
Suitable for vegetarians and coeliacs.
EGG white powder, Maltodextrin, Thickener: xanthan gum (E145).
Allergens highlighted in BOLD.
Recipe - Chocolate and Orange Souffle
- 340ml orange juice
- 30g plain flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 120g dark chocolate
- 110g caster sugar
- 20g Sosa Pro Soufflé (available at www.infusions4chefs.co.uk)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Butter ramekins and put in fridge for around 10 minutes, then butter again and line with a dusting of caster sugar
- Put together in a pan 200ml of the orange juice and the plain flour, keeping on a medium heat whisk until the mixture has thickened
- Stir in the egg yolks and dark chocolate, then transfer into a bowl and put to one side
- Put together the other 140ml of orange juice and the Pro Soufflé, then while whisking add the caster sugar in three parts, one at a time, until the mixture is light and airy. Ideally should be at ribbon stage*
- Fold the Pro Soufflé mix into the chocolate mix and then pour into ramekins so that they are full
- Place into preheated oven and bake for around 9 minutes or until the soufflés have risen and are flat on top
Tip – garnish with blood orange segments and a dusting of cocoa
* Ribbon stage – when removing the whisk and the mixture is drizzled back into the bowl and a noticeable ribbon like trail is left, usually taking 5-10 minutes
Recipe - Amarena sorbet
- 1kg Amarena cherry purée
- 80g Sosa Dextrose
- 100g Sosa Prosorbet
- 20g Sosa Fruit acid
- Mix all ingredients together and blend well
- Let rest for at least 6 hours in the fridge
- Stir and keep frozen