A Landmark In The Annals Of Gastronomy.
Liberating cooks from the constraints of traditional ingredients and methods through the use of pure molecular compounds.
- Note-by-note cooking promises to add unadulterated nutritional value to dishes of all kinds, actually improving upon the health benefits of so-called natural foods.
- Cooking with molecular compounds will be far more energy efficient and environmentally sustainable than traditional techniques of cooking.
- This new way of thinking about food heralds a phase of culinary evolution on which the long-term survival of a growing human population depends.
- Hervé This clearly explains the properties of naturally occurring and synthesized compounds, dispels a host of misconceptions about the place of chemistry in cooking, and shows why note-by-note cooking is an obvious—and inevitable—extension of his earlier pioneering work in molecular gastronomy.
- An appendix contains a representative selection of recipes, vividly illustrated in color.
- Language: English.
- Hardcover. Pages: 272.