I4C are pleased to supply food grade dry ice pellets, shipped in polystyrene containers. We offer 9mm pellets preferred by chefs as the ice is more refined and is ideally suited for making ice creams and adding to food, it is also used in drinks and cocktails.
We ship dry ice in thick polystyrene boxes and the ice will last for 3-4 days depending on how you store the ice. We recommend keeping the ice unopened in the packaging until it is required and to store the box in a safe cold place. Once ice has been used put the lid on the remaining product and place in a cold location. There will be some weight loss of dry ice during transportation.
DELIVERY TAKES BETWEEN 1-2 WORKING DAYS
DELIVERY TUESDAY TO SATURDAY ONLY DUE TO THE LIFE SPAN OF DRY ICE.
* IF ORDERING 2.5kg PLEASE USE SAME DAY OF DELIVERY *
We supply CS9.5 grade dry ice with safety instructions, please follow the guidelines below:-
- Dry ice is extremely cold (-80 degrees) and should be handled with care, use the gloves provided as necessary to help prevent frostbite burns.
- Never use industrial dry ice in drinks it may contain chemical, oils or other contaminants, even dry ice made from food grade CO2 may contain oils and contaminants as it is converted into dry ice. Use CS9.5 grade to be safe.
- Never put dry ice directly into drinks always use a safety containment device such as the Dry ICE cocktail stirrer https://infusions4chefs.co.uk/dry-ice-cocktail-stirrer/.
- Only allow responsible sober adults to handle dry ice who have read the safety guidelines.
- Storing and Using Dry Ice Always keep dry ice in the polystyrene box supplied.
- Always replace the lid after use.
- Always store the dry ice box in a cool place out of direct sunlight.
- You can store the dry ice box in a domestic fridge or freezer.
- Do NOT store in a walk in refrigerator or freezer.
- Never transport in a vehicle without having a continuous supply of fresh air.
- Do not open until you are ready to use the dry ice – this will reduce its life span.
- When handling the dry ice, put two of the supplied gloves on one hand; use this hand to touch the dry ice. Use a cup, or scoop to move the dry ice.
This product is not for sale to people under the age of 18. A signature will be required upon delivery, Identification may also be required to verify your age.