Handcrafted bespoke knives from Suffolk. Combining a contemporary, modern design with traditional skill to create new and unique knives which stand out in a world of mass production.
* Each knife is unique *
Nakiri is an ideal knife for vegetable preparation, it's very thin with a flat edge blade that is perfect for chopping and dicing.
- 20cm blade 13cm handle
- Black Palmira wood handle
- 15n20 carbon steel, 1095 spring steel, pure nickel
- Tsunami pattern 100 layers Damascus steel
- Blade includes a layer of 26C3 steel (Spicy White) to ensure a great cutting edge
- Thermocycled blades, hardened and tempered for highest performance
These products are made out of high carbon tool steel, unlike the mass-produced ones that you can find in shops which are made out of stainless steel. This material allows the creation of intricate patterns and means the knives stay sharp much longer. To protect the knives, regular and diligent maintenance is required: please clean them by hand with water and a mild dishwasher liquid. After washing, rinse with water, dry with a towel, and apply a little bit of kitchen oil on the whole length of the blade before removing the excess with a paper towel and storing in a dry place. If you follow these instructions you will prevent rust and the edge will stay sharp much longer.