Texturas Xantana, Thickening Gum.
Xantana is obtained from the fermentation of corn starch with a bacteria (Xanthomonas campestris) found in cabbage. The result is a gum with great thickening power.
- An ideal product for thickening sauces, creams, juices and soups where starches and flour have been the traditional thickeners, the disadvantage of those is that a large quantity has to be added, affecting the final taste. While, Xantana is a thickener that avoids disadvantages of traditional products.
- It also has notable potential as a suspensoid which means that it can maintain elements in suspension in a liquid without their sinking into it.
- It is highly resistant to freezing-unfreezing processes. Although temperature is applied it does not lose its thickening properties.
- Shake slowly and allow it to hydrate alone.
- Size: available in both 600g and 5kg.
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs.
Stabilizer: Xanthan Gum (100%) (E-415), (50% sugar, 50% molases).
Allergens highlighted in BOLD.
Recipe - White Sangria SuspensionIngredients:
- 500g White Sangría Mix
- 1.4g Xantana
- Put the sangría in a bowl with Xantana and blend with a hand blender.
- Strain and vacuum pack the whole mixture to extract the bubbles trapped in the interior.
- The consistency obtained will enable us to maintain elements such as herbs, fruit or spherical caviar in suspension.
Recipe - Iberian Ham Cream
- 50g Iberian Ham Broth
- 30g Iberian Ham Fat
- 0.2 g Xantana
- Mix the 3 ingredients and emulsion with the aid of a hand blender to obtain a creamy emulsion with no lumps.
- Keep in the refrigerator. Serve as an accompaniment to a variety of dishes.