Texturas Iota, Gelling Agent.
Iota is a gelling agent extracted from a type of red algae, Iota has very specific characteristics and produces a soft, elastic gel. It can be used to make hot gelatins.
- Iota is sold as a refined powder which dissolves whilst cold and is heated to 80°C for gelification.
- Iota can be used to make a soft gel from liquids such as milk or fruit juice.
- It is a gelling agent particularly suited to improve texture and overall appearance of cooked cured meat products.
Recipe - Pineapple GelatineIngredients:
- 250g Pineapple Juice
- 0.3g Iota
- Mix the pineapple juice with Iota and pour into a saucepan
- Bring to a boil and allow to gel in the refrigerator
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs.
Carrageenans (extract of red seaweeds) (E-407), Sodium chloride, Sunflower oil (≤1%).
Allergens highlighted in BOLD.