BEST BEFORE 30/05/2021
Gluco is a mixture of calcium lactate & calcium gluconate in the form of a white, free flowing agglomerated product which is odorless and practically tasteless.
- In the food industry calcium gluconolactate is used to enrich different foodstuffs with calcium.
- Gluco was chosen for its excellent behaviour in spherification processes.
- To avoid difficulties in dissolving, add Gluco before any other powder product.
RECIPE - HAM CROQUETTES
- 1,000g Water
- 5g Algin
- 250g Chosen Croquette base
- 6g Gluco
- 0.8g Xantana
- Blend the Algin into the water. Leave in the fridge for 12 hours to eliminate excess air. Dilute the Gluco in the croquette base and then mix in the Xantana with a hand blender to avoid lumps
- Heat the croquette base until it regains a more liquid texture. Fill a 2.5 cm-diameter dosing spoon with the croquette base and pour it into the Algin and water solution. Give the resulting sphere an elongated shape with the aid of 2 spoons so that it looks like a traditional croquette
- Leave the croquettes in the Algin solution for 3 min, turn them over and cook for a further 1 min. Once this time has elapsed, strain with a draining spoon and place them in hot water (60º C) for 3 min
- Remove from the water taking care not to break them. Dry the croquettes thoroughly and coat them in fried breadcrumb powder. Serve hot.
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs.
Acidulant: calcium lactate (E-327), hardener: calcium gluconate (E-578).
Allergens highlighted in BOLD.