Texturas Calcic, Salty Essential.
Calcic is a calcium salt traditionally used in cheese making.
- Calcic needs to be used in conjunction with Algin to enable the spherification process to work.
- It is highly water soluble with a considerable calcium content and therefore makes an ideal reactant.
- It also has a great moisture absorption capacity and is sold as granules.
Recipe - Tea RavioliIngredients:
- 975g Bottled Low Calcium Water
- 16g Earl Grey Tea
- 25g Sugar
- 50g Lemon juice
- 1.5g Algin
- 3.25g Calcic
- Mix 400g of water, the tea and 20g of sugar while cold and steep in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Strain. Combine the lemon juice with 5g of sugar and freeze in an ice tray.
- Blend the Algin with 75g water and dissolve the Calcic in 500g water.
- Mix the tea infusion with the Algin base and allow to rest. Place in the freezer to chill but do not allow it to freeze
- Place in the Calcic bath for 30 seconds. Rinse the ravioli in cold water and serve
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs.
Hardeners: Calcium chloride (E-509) of 94 – 97 % of solids, potassium chloride (E-508) and salt.
Allergens highlighted in BOLD.