Texturas Algin, Natural Gelling Agent.
Algin is a natural product extracted from a brown algae that grows in cold water regions. It is the ideal product for achieving spherification with guaranteed results.
- It is a gelling agent (in acid and calcium medium) suited to various food, cosmetic and technical applications.
- As a refined powder, Algin gels in the presence of Calcic. It dilutes while cold with strong agitation. It does not need to be heated to produce spherification.
Recipe - Melon Caviar
- 250g Cantaloupe juice
- 2g Algin
- 500g water
- 2.5g Calcic
- Mix the Algin with 1/3 of the melon juice and blend. Mix in the remaining 2/3, strain and set aside
- Dissolve the Calcic in the water. Fill 4 syringes with the melon and Algin mixture
- Expel it drop by drop into the Calcic base. Remove after 1 minute, strain and rinse the resulting caviar in cold water
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs.
Sodium alginate (Extract of brown seaweed).
Allergens highlighted in BOLD.