Rene Redzepi. Been Widely Credited With Re-inventing Nordic Cuisine.
His Copenhagen restaurant, Noma, was recognized as the best in the world by the San Pellegrino World's 50 Best Restaurant awards in 2010 and received the unique 'Chef's Choice' award at the same ceremony in 2009.
- Redzepi operates at the cutting edge of gourmet cuisine, combining an unrelenting creativity and a remarkable level of craftsmanship with an inimitable and innate knowledge of the produce of his Nordic terroir.
- At Noma, which Redzepi created from a derelict eighteenth-century warehouse in 2003 after previously working at both elBulli and The French Laundry, diners are served exquisite concoctions, such as 'Newly-Ploughed Potato Field' or 'The snowman from Jukkasjarvi', all painstakingly constructed to express their amazing array of Nordic ingredients.
- He's fascination with giving his diners a real taste of their food's environment extends to serving dishes on pebbles found in the same fields as his produce.
- His search for ingredients involves foraging amongst local fields for wild produce, sourcing horse-mussels from the Faroe Islands and the purest possible water from Greenland.
- Publisher: Phaidon Press Ltd (16 Oct 2010).
- Language: English. Hardcover: 368 pages.