Change Your Opinion On Fat.
McLagan sets out with equal parts passion, scholarship and appetite to win us back to a healthy relationship with animal fats.
- She achieves this through enlightening us with the many ways fat is indispensable to our health and by demonstrating, through a range of delicious recipes, how fat is fundamental to the flavour of our food.
- Divided into sections by type of fat - Butter (worth it), Pork Fat (the king), Poultry Fat (versatile and good for you), Beef and Lamb Fats (overlooked but tasty).
- And each chapter opens with a description of the history, types and uses of each type of fat followed by a range of fabulous recipes.
- The wealth of information on the cultural, historical and scientific facts and the 35 food photos make this an interesting and enjoyable read.
- More than 100 recipes, including: Homemade Butter, Duck Confit, Sauteed Foie Gras with Gingered Vanilla Quince and Bacon Spice Cookies.
- Hardcover: 232 pages.
- Publisher: Jacqui Small LLP (10 Mar. 2009).
- Language: English. ISBN-10: 190641727X.