The Beginnings, His Philosophy, The Stages, His Creations.
El Portal de Echaurren is a dream. A dream belonging to a man: Francis Paniego.
- It is a dream rooted in a valley with paths that lead into the essences of fresh grass and of dry leaves, and the essence of soil and tradition. And, above all, onto family.
- Francis Paniego was awarded the National Gastronomic Prize as the best chef in Spain in November 2012.
- A year later, the Michelin Guide bestowed on El Portal del Echaurren their second star.
- Francis’ cuisine cannot be understood without the Oja Valley, in general, nor Ezcaray in particular, for they are the inspiration, the product, and its main idiosyncrasy.
- This book follows the course of that dream and the man who brewed it, it isn’t just the profile of any chef: its structure, in six parts, provides a complete and independent conception of El Portal de Echaurren.
- It also sheds light on how everything around Francis Paniego surrounds and complements him.
- Pages: 256. Published:11/14.
- Language: English/Spanish.