Rediscovering Brazilian Ingredients.
The first major cookbook by Alex Atala, offering an in-depth look at the products and creative process that make up his innovative cuisine.
- For the past 15 years, acclaimed Chef Alex Atala, a native of Brazil and the only chef named one of TIME magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2013.
- He has refused to import any ingredients traditionally found in the European kitchens in which he trained.
- Instead, he has scoured the lush bounty of the Amazon for indigenous produce and proteins, and crafted a cuisine steeped in classical techniques but distinctly and uniquely Brazilian.
- The book features 65 recipes such as Fresh Heart of Palm With Scallops and Coral Sauce.
- 150 stunning colour photographs bring each dish to life while revealing the vibrant, landscapes of Atala's Brazil.
- The result is an immersive experience that transports readers into the streets of Sao Paulo and the rainforests of the Amazon.
- While getting inside the mind of one of the world's best chefs as he captures flavours that can be found nowhere else in the world.
- Published: 09/13. Language: English.
- Hardback. Pages: 292.