Nothing But Excellence.
Its aim is clearly expressed by the very cover of this publication, which shows "Textures of lobster" by Azurmendi (Larrabetzu, Biscay, Basque Country, three Michelin stars).
- How Spanish haute cuisine has surpassed all the precepts set by the revolution brought about by elBulli.
- Emotions that Eneko Atxa (Azurmendi) and Josep Roca (head of the cellar and dining room of El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Cataluña, three Michelin stars) are able to arouse in diners.
- Flavour, spearheaded by Ricard Camarena (Ricard Camarena Restaurant, Valencia, Valencian Community, one Michelin star) and Fernando Arellano (Zaranda, Es Capdellà, Balearic Islands, two Michelin stars).
- Location and concept, also hallmarks of the before and after of elBulli, have been surpassed by restaurants in Spain as well.
- Apicius 26 shows that this has been the case with the locations of Jesús Segura (Trivio, Cuenca, Castile-La Mancha), Luis Alberto Lera (Lera, Castroverde de Campos, Zamora, Castile and León), Iván Cerdeño (El Carmen de Montesión, Toledo, Castile-La Mancha, one Michelin star) and Rubén Arnanz (Villena, Segovia, Castile and León, one Michelin star).
- Lastly, Apicius 26 unravels the figure of Javi Estévez (La Tasquería, Madrid) as an example of how a concept can be created and sustained.
- Softback. Pages: 224.
- Published: June 2016.
- ISBN 13: 9770169751389.
- Language: English/Spanish.